Position Title: WASH Project Manager
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 14 September, 2021 Expire Date: 20 September, 2021
About Organization for Coordination of Humanitarian Relief-OCHR:
OCHR is a national non-governmental organization established in Afghanistan in 2015 to play a vital role in humanitarian and development settings, and to contribute towards the peace building in the country where the people can live in amity and harmony.
In humanitarian situations emerging as result of conflict or natural disasters, natural, the response encompasses the provision of tools and resources i.e. to reduces the suffering and increase self-sufficiency.
Our approach includes sustainable development, focusing on ultra-poor communities of Afghanistan. The endeavors focus on social and economic development of the people dwelling in remotes parts of the country.
Through peacebuilding efforts, we envision Afghanistan a socially inclusive society where peace and prosperity remains a fate for every individual living in this territory. Promote the social cohesion, curtailing extremism in all forms, inclusiveness of peace processes where children, women and marginalized groups have a voice.
- Lead WASH program field team as part of OCHR’s overall development and Humanitarian response program.
- Develop a program plan, ensure its smooth implementation, and manage the team’s performance of project tasks and activities that may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate at zonal WASH cluster and other meetings.
- Regularly coordinate project activities with local government line departments.
- Construction or rehabilitation of water networks, Borehole with Solar pump and public taps and boreholes.
- Creation and training of management structures.
- Carrying out of assessments and post-implementation monitoring.
- Ensure appropriate design, construction and implementation of WASH hardware according to technical standards.
- Manage the WASH team human resources and provide technical support, training and capacity building.
- Assign daily task to CLTS facilitators and hygiene promotion officers.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports
- University degree in civil engineering, preferably with specialization in Water and Sanitation or similar relevant qualification.
- Five years of experience in similar projects with preferably two years in NGO’s sector
- Technical and practical competence in WASH including experience in rural water supply, sustainable sanitation solutions, hygiene promotion, emergency programs and related activities.
- Experience in managing multi-faceted WASH programs in developing country
- Proven experience in program development, monitoring and reporting
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous coordination/management experience
- Previous experience with WASH clusters, relevant UN agencies
- Structured, well organized and self-driven
- Excellent communication, cooperation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build other people’s capacity
- Culture and conflict sensitive
In order to apply for the announced vacancies, please send your CVs to the email address given below by the closing dates mentioned and as applicable.
Once your CV is and Application form is received, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted, followed by written test and interview.
The subject line must read WASH Project Manager-AdminHR/03/2021
Non-compliance with the submission guidelines may lead to the rejection of your application for the position you have applied.